Currently-November 2015

I did it!....
I survived October!
What usually is my favorite season has been a bit stress-filled this school year, but I am happy to say that now that progress reports have been filed and parent conferences are over, I am hoping that the fun-filled months of November and December will help me find some balance and 
re-discover what brings me joy......

It is with great happiness and hope that I am joining Farley for her CURRENTLY linky tonight!  

Farley's November Currently


It's been forever since I blogged.  A "sick" laptop has prevented me from sharing here and creating new resources for TpT--and it feels good to be back to share a few stories and some favorite songs......








This album was the first one I purchased from a small record store in uptown Oxford, Ohio when I was a freshman in college.  It was the beginning of my love of all things played and sung by 
Dan Fogelberg.  It is my still my "go-to" playlist when I need to de-compress and remember that whatever comes is all "part of the plan"....

Love when you can.
Cry when you have to.
Be who you must.
It's a part of the plan.
Await your arrival
with simple survival.
One day we'll all understand....






This afternoon I had the pleasure of talking with both my son and daughter on the phone, and it seems that they are trying to hatch a semi-surprise plan for my 55th birthday next month.  I was told to "be available to travel" on Dec. 5th and 6th.   No matter what they have in store, it is going to make me cry.... and will add yet another reason to the list of reasons why I love them so much!  Guitar Boy is also planning to make an appearance in Room #2 this Friday, which also makes my heart very happy!





One of my dearest college friends posted this on her Facebook page the other day, and it resonated deeply with me.  It reminded me that being thankful for the little things makes the huge, daunting problems less so.  It infused me with positive energy and new purpose when I needed it most.....professionally and personally.  Dearest Betsy, time and miles have come between us, but your wisdom and friendship will be forever valued.






In ten days, I will join my friends Em from Curious Firsties and Jenny from Luckeyfrog Lilypad at the Mazza Museum in Findlay, Ohio.  We will be "book nerds" together for a weekend conference featuring some of our favorite authors and illustrators.  Molly Idle, Henry Cole, Matthew Reinhart, and Marc Brown are some of the keynote speakers, and I cannot wait to listen to them share the magic of their artistic process!   






This quote was shared at our district's October in-service two weeks ago, and the truth in it literally stopped me in my tracks.  My cup has been pretty empty so far this school year, and this reminder has made me realize that I need to refill it ASAP to prevent teacher burnout.   This "hamster" has now stepped off of her ever-spinning, ever-doing, ever-helping "wheel" for a bit to re-charge and re-group. Hopefully, the time I take for me will be beneficial to the children I serve and the colleagues I support.






Sometimes self-care involves indulgence in one's favorite things.  This treat incorporates two of mine--Snickerdoodle cookies and caramel.  I am not a very accomplished baker, but I may attempt this recipe over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend....or maybe I will just buy the ingredients and ask my friend and fellow Basset Hound Mama, Brandi, to make some for me!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to share my stories.  May you forever hold a song in your heart and continue to teach your children well!

Peace out,









5 comments

  1. I am so 'with ya' on a stress-filled October! The full moon at the end of the month was just icing on the cake, so to speak! I am glad to see October go but looking forward to November and December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I needed to read your post. I am definitely feeling teacher exhaustion. So, thank you for the reminder to recharge or you can't help others. Have a great November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the empty cup visual...it's exactly where I am right now and a great reminder that I need to come first...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all the images you made for your post! :-) So nice that your kiddos called and are planning something special for you! Also, the gratitude, it really does turn what we have into enough, doesn't it? Happy November!
    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! that snickerdoodle caramel treat looks delicious. I want to try that recipe too!

    ReplyDelete